Monday, October 12, 2009

MY favorite...

With all the pictures I take...it's RARE that I actually have the time to sit down & look through my photos & choose which ones are MY favorites. As a photographer...you'd think my walls would be covered in beautiful photos of my children...but sadly...since we have moved...I have yet to print some new pictures...let alone put them up!

I have a fairly simple decorating style (if I have one?!) so my goal for our new place is to print some really large prints...example: 3 poster size images (one of each of our kids) and then do a wall design on another wall. But, my biggest issue was trying to go through my images to choose which ones I would use for their individual ones. Well, I managed to find the one I love of Madden. One down...two to go! I took this picture last summer while in Lancaster & I absolutely love it of Madden. YES! I have a favorite. This image says it all about Madden. And he makes this face ALLLLLL the time. :-) I am going to be printing them all in this chocolate b/w tint...which is one of my favorite tones. I am also going to be doing something a little different. I had some sample images printed on matte board for a display that I need this week & I LOVE them...so I think I am going to use the prints on matte boards for the walls vs. a traditional frame or even a very expensive gallery wrap. I can't wait to do them & then I can't wait to share my finished products...although...I need to still choose the girls. Haha. So, this could be a month long project...or longer!

So, what do you think of this one?!

3 comments:

Liz said...

It's perfect! Would look great on a wall :)

charla BLUE said...

YAY! You're getting images printed. I love the chocolate tone too and the idea of printing on canvas board. I might have to try that too.

Staci L. Photography said...

Oh, Charla...I tell you...it breaks my heart not to have some of my pictures printed & up on display of my own kids. I spend so much time ordering others enlargements & seeing their finished products! My goal is to have them done & ordered in a month! I've been hounding WHCC with questions galore because to spend that much on such large pics...I have to have them fine tooth comb them! LOL!