Tuesday, March 03, 2009

No Robbers. :-)

We spent the evening last night at an awesome hotel (which I will blog sooon!) for Makenzie's birthday. While we were packing up yesterday morning, Madden had his back pack all packed up with Transformers, etc. For some reason, he realized we were actually sleeping over at the hotel and started stuffing tons of toys in his back pack in a frenzy! I asked him what he was doing and he said with tears coming down his face and those sad, sad eyes..."I have to take all my stuff with me. The robbers might come and steal it!" I quickly put two and two together...Madden saw Home Alone over the holidays and loved it. But, realized that we were going away on a little "vacation/sleep over" and started thinking that robbers were going to come in like on Home Alone. After about 20 minutes of explaining & him asking questions that Home Alone is a story...and even though, yes, sometimes robbers can try to get into our houses, our house will be safe tonight.

It kind of made me realize that I can "say" that...but robbers could really break in! But, he was finally convinced we could leave his toys and all his "stuff" after we prayed and asked God to protect our belongings. :-) And also, that the police drive around and keep an eye on our houses. Oh my.

We made it home today and THANK GOD...NO ROBBERS. How in the world would I explain that one??? LOL!

3 comments:

Caitlin Domanico said...

Oh well thank goodness!!

C Leebrick said...

that is a sad sad story. gotta save those transformers!

Staci L. Photography said...

I know, really??? haha. He's a hilarious one, that Transformer collector.