Monday, February 16, 2009

Are you KIDDING me?!?!?!?

Tabloids, celebrity news...yadda, yadda, yadda...but I couldn't help but stop & read this one going around. The whole bit about Jessica Simpson gaining weight and now she's FAT??? I just saw this picture from a link on my yahoo that referenced this photo being of the NEW, curvier & overweight Jessica Simpson. If she is considered FAT, then the rest of us are OBESE! I know people aren't supposed to look up to Hollywood or the media for opinions, etc. but when our culture (and ESPECIALLY our YOUNG GIRLS!!!) are being bombarded with these types of headlines & stories...it makes me want to freak out!!! This is just ridiculous. How sad. Dear God, please protect our daughters from these sad, sad opinions and outrageous claims!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Ugh...I am right here with ya...

C Leebrick said...

i saw this too and had to take a double-take. i was like..'are they serious?'

Lisa said...

I'm not really sure how I found your blog...just a series of clicking from one blog to the next. But as soon I as I saw your picture in your header, I recognized Tim. Chad, my husband, and Tim played softball and painted together. Chad and I enjoyed looking through your photos, seeing your beautiful children, and reading through some of your posts. Tell Tim that Chad and I say hi!