Friday, May 16, 2008

My little photographer...

Makenzie LOVES taking pictures. She has asked me on several occasions if she could try taking some with my camera. So, I finally just sat down with her...gave her a brief run down of what to do & how to shoot & she did a great job! Photography is such a large array of styles, techniques & truly is an art. Learning so young & being so genuinely interested in it is where it all begins. I was young when I got my first camera. And I was genuinely in love with pictures & taking them. It's just a great skill to have regardless if it becomes a career or not because it's something most people will use throughout their lives.

Here are a few pictures of her taking pictures & a few of her edits. I was supposed to have 2 photo sessions today, but since it was raining, I rescheduled them & I was able to get a lot of work done. So, during some backing up, I was able to blog a bit from the laptop. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Checking out her pictures...:-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was very impressed by her ability to hold the camera correctly & very still. She did a really good job. I just put it on auto...but she had fun. :-)
Photobucket

After she took about 30 pictures or so, she wanted to look at her pictures. So, we did the same routine I do...we uploaded them onto the computer & I opened the pictures for her in a very "easy to use" consumer program called PICASA & I showed her quickly what she can do, what tools are there for her & off she went. I sat next to her, but she didn't really need any help. She did really good! However, I let her edit her pictures ANY way she wanted to...so she was into "tinting" quite a bit & sharpening. It was funny. I think she needs little more practice producing a good image edited...but she had so much fun. I'm proud of her trying things she's interested in & having fun. You never know...she may really be my assistant someday! GO, TEAM CANON!!! :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Her pictures...keep in mind, she edited them. :-) She did all sorts of adjustments...turned some b&w, some tinted colors, saturations, etc. :-)
Photobucket

Her & I taking a shot of each other. :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: