Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

We had such a great day together! Makenzie had her little Valentine's party at school & had a blast...however, I was not a good mom in preparation for the party!!! For some reason, I thought I had another day & last night at 12:00 a.m....I thought...OH MY! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! Makenzie needs to bring in Valentines!!! Fortunately, the internet is FULL of free printables so I printed her off some adorable Holly Hobbie cards for the girls and some fun Hulk & Incredibles ones for the boys. In the morning, we cut them out & stuck them to cardstock scrapbooking paper that I had & she signed them all up & YES!!! Valentines!! :-) It was actually a fun, yet speedy morning project!

We all relaxed in the afternoon & then I started making my special Valentine's meal for the family. It was very simple, yet very delicious. I made us stir fry with chicken & vegetables & some fried rice. It was a big hit & turned out very good. Simple...with very few ingredients. YES!!! For dessert, my mom had sent the kids some special valentine candies so they enjoyed candy hearts, gummi bears & licorice! Tim's mom brought them each a cookie home...YUM, YUM...sugar high for the kids!!! But, it's 8:30 pm and everyone is in bed...fast asleep. Tim & I are just going to settle down & watch a movie or something that we have in the archives. :-) Very relaxing, very fun & very special...Valentine's Day. Hope yours was fun & special, too!

No comments: