Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fun Holiday craft...or should I say "funny"...

This past Saturday, Makenzie asked if her cousin Alexis could come over to Tim's parents where we were spending the day. The girls had a lot of fun as they always do...playing make believe & dress up & "going to the ball". They discovered 2 gingerbread kits that Mom-Mom had picked up to do & were begging to do one. So...being the extremely talented "craft" person that I am (I am absolutely HORRIBLE at crafts!!) I decided to give it a go! I have done 2 gingerbread houses in my recent years...one with a "complete dummy kit made simple" which turned out wonderfully & one that my kids caved in the roof while decorating. Well, let's just say that this year's attempt was my worst one yet! It did not have the "dummy board" to help set up the pieces so apparently this is the kit that Martha Stewart would purchase because how in the world can one person glue together pieces of a gingerbread house on a flimsy cardboard piece with frosting??? I know it's possible...but not with this gal! So, we all found out the hard way again...that Mommy & Alexis' aunt Staci is not crafty! We were laughing so hard trying to get the pieces up...I had Alexis & Makenzie holding pieces & it was like we all had the shakes because no one could keep still! I don't know if was because we all have no steadiness or because I was making some very funny comments & we all kept giggling! haha. So, here is the photo story of our very sad gingerbread house...

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: